Off the Ground, But Not Off the Grid

My alarm rang at 8 A.M. I checked my phone and automatically pressed snooze. The phone buzzed about 5 more times, each 10 minutes apart – screaming at me to get out of bed and get ready for class. But, obviously, me being me, and me being any other college student there is, I refused to get out of bed until approximately 8:40 A.M. And guess what? I had a 9 A.M. So, after waking up and realizing that I only had 20 minutes to get to class, I quickly ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and ran back to my room to get dressed. I packed my bag for the day and sprinted out the room. But, wait. Before I could go to class, I needed my coffee.


Coffee is my life. I like to say that I depend on coffee for everything. I love trying new coffees and coffee places. And I especially love starting my day with a refreshing, cold (or hot – depending on my mood) cup of coffee. I feel that coffee really acts as my fuel to get my day going, to put a huge smile on my face as I head to all my classes and get bombarded with homework and exams. Simply put, coffee makes me sane.

Because I was running extremely late, but needed my coffee, I decided to make a quick pit-stop to Redifer Commons to pick up a cup.

Introducing my first coffee destination – Off the Ground in Redifer Commons.


Walking distance, I live about 3 minutes away from Off the Ground. It is a perfect place if you need somewhere close by to get your coffee, especially if you live in South. And for a dining hall, its coffee surprisingly does the job. Actually, no – it does beyond the job. I love Off the Ground’s coffee. Hands down. Not only is the coffee shop extremely close to my dorm, but the place serves quality coffee, as well.

Every time I go to Off the Ground, I order their large, Vanilla Iced Coffee. I 10/10 recommend it. If you are a coffee lover like me, but hate the taste of pure black coffee, then Off the Ground’s Vanilla Iced Coffee is the choice for you. The iced coffee is sweet and rich. You can definitely taste the vanilla syrup, but it’s not overbearing to the point where the coffee does not taste like coffee anymore. Some vanilla coffees I’ve drank in the past have definitely only tasted like vanilla… even though I definitely asked for vanilla COFFEE. 

However, no need to fear because Off the Ground’s Vanilla Iced Coffee is the perfect mix of vanilla syrup and coffee. 

                         

Personally, I also love adding creamer to my coffee. To me, half-and-half creamer, vanilla syrup, and coffee all make a perfect drink combination for me to get my day started. Off the Ground is even versatile enough to have all these options for you. This coffee shop even has a little stand on the side that provides you with a multitude of different brands of sugar, creamer, milk, straws, stirring sticks, and other toppings that you may need for your purchase.



Not only does Off the Ground have quality coffee and a plethora of condiments for your drink, but it is also affordable. The shop’s coffee, which would originally be $2.85 dollars as a non-student, is only $1 for a Penn State Student with a meal plan. In my opinion, one dollar is an affordable price for some exceptional coffee.


All in all, Off the Ground has your back. And Off the Ground has the coffee drink for you. You may be a little skeptical of trying out a coffee shop in a dining hall, but do not worry – you will not regret it. 

Comments

  1. Unfortunately, I can relate to the need of buying a coffee even though I have somewhere to be very, VERY soon. I personally haven't tried Redifer's Off the Ground, which is kinda ridiculous because I go there at least once a day. I'll have to try it! But if it's not great, I know who to blame (just kidding but also with a hint of seriousness). I really like this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts