What is This Chocolately Coffee Bliss?

As my loyal followers may very well know, I am an avid iced coffee consumer. Iced coffee is typically just normally brewed coffee, but on the rocks (I really hope you got that reference).

However, my good friend Margaret Mary exposed me to a whole new realm of iced coffee. Let me set the scene for you. Margaret Mary and I entered Redifer commons, and maneuvered our way over to “Off the Ground”, Redifer’s in house coffee shop.

Image: Redifer
I, myself, did not plan on getting anything, but I walked up to the counter with Margaret Mary anyway – to keep her company and prevent myself from getting bored. She proudly ordered a “café frio with chocolate”. At first, I was quite confused and curious as to what this drink could possibly be. When you think of the name “café frio” – the first thing that came to my mind was “cold coffee”. But that was only because of my strong high school background of the Spanish language. For those who do not know Spanish, I bet they must be even more confused.

A few minutes go by, and the barista hollers out “one café frio with chocolate” and lo and behold, he holds this magical concoction out the window. Margaret Mary took a sip, and then kindly offered me a slurp. Because I was so curious and wanted to see what all the hype was about, I obviously jumped on that opportunity. And this is when my life changed forever – never have I ever tasted something of the sorts.

It wasn’t a normal iced coffee. It was more of a ~blended~ drink, almost like a smoothie or a milkshake. It wasn’t chunky or too watery either. The concoction was blended perfectly, just right. The taste of the café frio was of top quality, as well. Some may say even perfect. When you take a sip, you are immediately greeted with a strong, ground coffee taste, but it was muffled to the point where you could taste the chocolate throughout the drink. In my opinion, this drink is quite the best option for those who want to start drinking coffee.

The blended drink with ingredients of both mocha and chocolate really brought out the desirable notes of the coffee drink, whilst masking the bitter tastes that soils some other coffees. Obviously, the chocolate was an excellent addition to this concoction. Chocolate by itself tastes exquisite. I could eat it every day if I could. Therefore, when pairing chocolate with coffee – the two foods I absolutely adore – I am introduced to heavenly bliss.

Image: Chocolate and Coffee
Even though you may not totally believe me, chocolate and coffee are just like peanut butter and jelly (I am personally not a fan of peanut butter and jelly if I am being honest, but it is clearly an iconic pairing of flavors). The two ingredients go really well together. A must you will not regret getting.


Although the café frio is a bit more expensive than a regular iced coffee here at Off the Ground. I personally feel that the price is well worth it. You get to enjoy a delicious drink with both hints of chocolate and coffee flavors. What more could anyone ask for?

Comments

Popular Posts