"America Runs on Dunkin'"... but Does It Really?

Before coming to Penn State, I joined a class called Leadership Jump Start. For this class, we were to meet before college started and gather in the woods to bond and learn about leadership abilities and skills. In this class, I met one of my closest friends here at Penn State. She’s someone I can lean on every day and be my total self with.

Since coming to Penn State, my best friend and I have established a weekend tradition to go to Dunkin' Donuts. Every Sunday, we make sure to go to Dunkin' Donuts as soon as we wake up. It’s a weekly event I always look forward to.
Image result for dunkin donuts

When I go to Dunkin', I always order a French Vanilla Iced Coffee. For starters, do not order a large size. The large is HUGE. Unless you’re extremely thirsty or hungry, I really would not recommend the large. The medium is as big as a large. After learning about this, I have realized that it is best for me to order a medium French Vanilla Iced Coffee because this amount is just right.

In addition, the medium iced coffee only comes out to be $1.89, while the large is $2.09. Therefore, the medium iced coffee is cheaper and enough to be considered a large. Basically, you get best of both worlds.

As for the coffee, it’s decent. When you order their coffee and you ask for it to be sweetened, trust me – you will really get it sweetened. It becomes a next-level sweetened coffee. The coffee taste basically disappears. All I taste when I drink the coffee is artificial sweetener.

So, if you ever want a French vanilla drink, instead of coffee, order a French Vanilla coffee from Dunkin'! Because trust me, the coffee taste will really dissipate before your eyes. If you are a coffee lover, I really do not recommend Dunkin' Donut’s French Vanilla Coffee.

Although the coffee’s sweetener is a little too strong, the workers at our local Dunkin' Donuts in State College are extremely friendly. On one particular Sunday, one of the workers was cleaning up the tables and asked me how my day was. We exchanged friendly conversation, but I thought that her efforts were enough. It isn’t often that an employee greets you with a smile and asks how your day has been. It isn’t often that an employee stops what he or she is doing to talk to you and be friendly. Therefore, Dunkin’s customer service was top-notch (well… at least, for me).Image result for dunkin donuts worker state college


Even though Dunkin' Donut’s coffee is too sweet for my liking, the price of it and the quality of the customer service balanced everything out.

Dunkin’s French Vanilla coffee deserves a solid 3 out of 5 stars. However, the store’s prices and customer service deserve a complete 5 stars out of 5. Going with one of my best friends and making memories every trip also makes the visit to Dunkin' Donuts well worth it. Despite the coffee, I still look forward to going every Sunday.


If you really want an overall perfect experience, however, get their hot chocolate or their donuts, instead of one of their sweetened coffees. You will not regret it.

Comments

  1. Dunkin Donuts (at least for me) is the gate way to coffee addiction for young high schoolers. That was where I started and then gradually moved on to stronger coffee. I love how cheap the coffee is but it's kind of watered down, but I still love going there with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I have only been to the Dunkin' Donuts at Penn State a maximum of two times this year. I have enjoyed their hot chocolate on cold winter days, but the one thing that honestly makes the day better is not just the coffee but the company sitting across the table. I find it incredible that you and your friend go every single Sunday to grab some caffeine before starting your day! The experience of a coffee break or donut run is always more satisfying if you are sharing the time with a friend that you can laugh with over the ridiculous amounts of sugar in your drink or the fact that you bought a gallon of coffee for only twenty cents more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts