Too Much Ice?!


Today I am back with a coffee review!

This time, I will not be focusing on a coffee shop on campus, but one that is rather off campus. But don’t worry, it’s not as far as you think (well, at least for me). I live in South, so I’m relatively close to downtown State College. About five minutes from me, there is a McDonald’s – quite a popular destination, actually.

Image: State College McDonald's

It was late at night and my friend and I decided to take a study break. She wanted a McFlurry and I wanted something too. However, I was unsure of what exactly I wanted. I was definitely craving something sweet and cold. I was leaning towards getting a McFlurry or a milkshake, but when I got there, I saw that they had a large iced coffee pictured on the menu. It looked extremely appetizing. Being a coffee addict, as soon as I saw this picture of the iced coffee, I was automatically hooked. This is what I wanted to order.


Image: McDonald's Iced Coffee 
I was actually extremely excited to try McDonald’s iced coffee. I had never ordered their coffee in my life, and was very curious as to whether or not the coffee would taste good. Since I generally like the food from McDonald's, I was expecting some great tasting iced coffee.

As you guys may already know, my favorite kind of coffee is vanilla coffee. After reading the menu and finding out they had vanilla iced coffee, I was very quick to order it. And of course, I ordered a large.

The total came out to be $1.99, which is much cheaper than Starbucks (especially when getting the same sized cup). Already happy with the price, I was even more excited to taste the coffee.


After waiting a couple minutes, my ticket number got called and I received my coffee. From the outside, I was pleased. The iced coffee was a nice shade of light brown/tan. I could tell that there was a good amount of creamer in there, which is what I like. The iced coffee wasn’t too dark, but it wasn’t extremely white either.

I took a sip and… I was in heaven. The coffee was amazing! It had a nice, sweet taste. I could definitely taste the vanilla syrup but it wasn’t overly strong. The creamer added a nice touch, as well. There was a nice balance between the creamer and the coffee. However, I do admit, the creamer was on the heavier side (but it was fine because that’s how I love my coffee).

Image: Crushed Ice
The only downside about the iced coffee was that it had too much ice in it. I forgot to snap a picture, but believe me… the cup was basically filled with ice. Surely more than half of the cup was made up of ice. And not just ice cubes, but the kind of ice that's all crushed. There was barely any coffee in it. Even though I asked for a large, it was more like a small, or even an extra small.

Nevertheless, other than the fact that the drink had too much ice in it, the actual coffee was scrumptious. From this experience, I am going to make sure to order a large size every time. Maybe next time, I'll even try to ask for light ice. I will, however, definitely go back for some more McDonald's iced coffee.

Comments

  1. Hi Emily! Guess I have to go to McDonald's now. My dad raves about their coffee, even securing himself a refillable cup that gets him 99 cent refills everyday. (Definitely look into that) I have also never tried it because I usually opt for Starbuck's or Dunkin' Donuts, which is great, but way too expensive. But McDonald's is looking like the wave from now on. The price is right and the taste is great!!! Say less.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts